Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I'm back in the Bay Area

Right now, I'm at my parent's home and my god-sister Ngoc is relaxing my hair. The chemicals are making the livingroom smell like a bad perm using rotten eggs. Pain = Beauty.

It has occured to me that now that I'm staying with David in SF, I should take advantage of the time to find different ways of describing the Tenderloin district.

Exercise #1:

"The Tenderloin district is the area of the city that looks like God made a diorama of tall buildings -- then threw into the shoebox lots of pigeon shit, urine, broken syringes, unbathed bodies, discarded sweaters and ripped pants and other soiled clothes -- and shook the whole thing up."

Eh, not very good. But it's a start... Now I need to wash the cream out of my hair so Ngoc can flat-iron it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home