Sunday, October 28, 2007

"We're gonna destroy our chests!"

I recently met this undergrad guy named Daniel-Linh -- he's my mom's friend's nephew, also from the Bay Area. We ran into each other at a party. I've been to two undergrad parties since the beginning of the semester. We met at the party and have been running into each other ever since. Most notibly: the gym.

Okay, I am no gym queen. I look pathetic for a muscle boy. I simply go to make sure my habit of writing (slouching in front of a laptop screen) doesn't make my muscles go to jelly again. I had gone to physical therapy the summer before I came to Bloomington.

So Daniel-Linh invited me to lift with him at the gym. I have never done his equipments before: benches that look like somewhat-S&Mish-torture-metal instruments. When I met him in the gym lobby before we went in, he just said with a straight face, "Okay, so today we're going to just destroy our chests!"

It sounded violent. It sounded almost sexual. It was full of testosterone that I felt a couple degrees more butch.

I am so sore. My arms are jelly and I had to bends my head down to shampoo my hair earlier.

***

Tonight I also went to see Sister Spit perform in Bloomington. They made me miss the Bay Area community (even more so).

***

For Halloween, I am going to go out as Mother Mary Miscarried. I'll post up pictures later on.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hi danny. that does sound really butch. have you been to chicago yet? come visit. come see me in drag for a play.

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home