Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Last Week in B-Ton

It's been in the low 20's these past few days. It's even snowflaked a few times, but not enough to gather anything significant on the ground. It's been so cold that my feet hurt.

I've eaten at Steak n' Shake, and I have to say I've never eaten anything so terrible in the midwest before. I had a "green salad" that included chucky cuts of iceberg lettuce with limp tomatoes that were obviously canned (they were pink, not red, and looked so soggy). I got sick off the meal. I denounce Steak n' Shake. Their shakes are okay though.

I had my very last class tonight. Aside from teaching late today and Friday, I'm done. So tired. Indiana still has crime going on:

Student gets throat cut in class

(http://fox59.trb.com/news/local/eveningnews/knifeattack,0,7351848.story?coll=wxin-evening-news-3)

December 4, 2006

One Jennings County High School student is hospitalized, another is jailed after an unprovoked slashing attack in the high school's study hall.

Investigators said the slashing happened at 8:25 a.m. Monday at the high school in North Vernon in a room of approximately 150 students and two staff members.

"The suspect student, from what we've been told, without much warning and nothing being verbalized, basically approached the victim from behind, brought the knife across the throat," said North Vernon Police Officer Andrew Richmond. "The cut was about three or four inches long and very deep, not deep enough to sever any blood vessels."

As the freshman student sought medical help, his 16-year-old attacker fled the high school out a back door. He was apprehended ninety minutes later, two miles north of the high school, in a ditch near his mother's house. The knife was recovered from a table in the study hall.

"This student had no intent to harm any other student," said Dr. Michael Bushong, Jennings County School Superintendent. "This was an act taken and directed at one other student."

Bushong said there are some indications that other students knew animosity or a possible attack was brewing. The attacker faces expulsion from school and will appear in court Tuesday to determine if he will be tried as an adult.


When I actually can think right, I'll update tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home