Monday, November 20, 2006

The Monday before Thanksgiving

I gave an exam today, and unfortunately all 14 of my students were there to take it. Parts of me wished that I would have less timed essays that I'd have to read and grade over the break -- but no. Dammit.

I went to the gym, and when I was done I had an intense crazy for mid-western trashy food. So I went to the brewery and had a breaded pork loin sandwich and beer. I've been drinking more beer here than I've ever had in my life, so I guess I should be happy that I'm absorbing this midwestern chic. My friend Randy had promised he'd take me to go shooting after I get back from SF and before I leave for the winter break. WooHoo: Gun-tottin'!

I've watched a few episodes of Heroes on NBC, and for some reason I'm finding myself drawn to the actor Masi Oka who plays Hiro Nakamura on the show. His character can bend space and time when he makes this severely constipated face. I don't know why (aside from that he's a regular Asian character on a scripted prime-time television show that doesn't look like an alien like Daniel Dae Kim). I guess there's something about bloated chinky heads that I find endearing -- much like a lot of laughing buddha headed men I've found myself attracted to for some strange reason: David, my hot Korean doctor, my ex, etc. Masi was on Conan tonight, and sounds really cute when he speaks unaccented English.

1 Comments:

Blogger fishsauce said...

Hey! I do not have a bloated head! =P

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home