Saturday, July 28, 2007

Requiem for Tammy Faye

I am sitting next to my sister right now at my folks' place. Mai asked if I had seen Tammy Faye on CNN, and then we looked up the video on YouTube.

So sad. She looks so frail. And her voice is so weak; she reminds me of my host grandmother back in Japan when I went to visit her in the hospital (obaachan had been going through medical complications due to her cigarette habit). Mai also noted that Tammy Faye looks all the more frightening because on top of being a so wasted away, she's still incredibly done up.


I thought she looked like Ellen Burstyn in Requiem for a Dream, at the end of the film when she's a riddled out speed freak.


Have we no respect for the dead?




1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

omfg that is going to give me nightmares!! (I think she looks much worse than "Sara Goldfarb" in RfaD.) -Richard

4:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home