Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I have noticed a parallel between punker boys and fags

As someone who was a teenage punker and goth, and a damn proud faggot, I took note on a BART ride this evening. These three punked-out early teenagers entered the train, and boarding with them was an equally punked out, fish-netted, safety-pinned-speckled-black-backpack-wearing young lady friend. She was simply a friend; a girl who plays with boys.

In other words, these boys had (what I have noticed consistently amongst small groups of punker boys): the urban young rocker equivalent to a fag hag.

Like stereotypical fag hags, these Punk Pugs (as I now dub them), tend to be bigger, kinda homely looking, girls who adore and flutter around the wanna-rock-hard boys. Instead of going to the clubs, the Punk Pug will be there at the shows/concerts and enjoy sharing their mate's mutual appreciation for eyeliner and chipped nail-paint.

Now that I think about it, my ex-girlfriend Daphny was/is a Punk Pug.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home