Wednesday, September 27, 2006

T-Storm!

I graded my students' response papers on the cardio bike machine at the gym earlier. I tried not to sweat on them while I peddled, but you can't really prevent the occassional grotesque sprays.

I was going to go out and grade my students' poetry assignments, but the clouds swept out of nowhere and now it's thundering and lightening and raining-ing. And it was such a sunny day till 4. Apparently people say of Bloomington: "If you don't like the weather, just wait 15 minutes."

So, now I'm watching Project Runway reruns and eating ramen from the pot. At the bottom lefthand corner of screen is a "T-Storm" warning. Heidi Klum's nose is right next to a doomsday declaration that Brown, Hancock, Johnson, Madison, Marion, Morgan, Shelby counties better hit them basements cuz twisters on its way, I tell you what. I'm in Monroe county.

WOW! I just saw a PSA by dontlie.org, telling people in Southern Indiana to not buy guns for underage kids. We don't even have "Don't buy booze for Under 21" PSAs back home anymore. This is the real American Dream: to stand outside of a Walmart and ask approaching patrons, "S'cuse me ma'am, but would you mind doing me a big favor and getting me here a hunting rifle? I have the money, and I'll give you twenty for yer' troubles..."

2 Comments:

Blogger fishsauce said...

That was a great entry.

Love you!

7:38 PM  
Blogger Denieal said...

I saw hard gay finally. It made my eyes bleed.

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home