Sunday, February 24, 2008

I had two moist explosions in my mouth tonight

Thanks to a trip to a sushibar for my friend Daniel-Linh's birthday. (Which, by the way, it's not good to bank of good sushi when you're in the Midwest and in a landlocked state.)

One of the things I ordered was nigiri sushi of ikura (salmon roe) with a raw quail egg on top. It's delicious; savory and little bit sweet. And the large orange balls that are the ikura just pop in gooey goodness against the tongue when you bite.

Some of Linh's friends around me were horrified by the order when it came out. They asked how I could think about eating a raw egg. And why is the color so outrageous. I told them: It's delicious. Between eating fish eggs and quail eggs: it's like two abortions going on in your mouth at the same time.

Then I did three finger snaps, in the shape of a Z.


* I stole the photo from someone's flickr page

1 Comments:

Blogger fishsauce said...

Babe, that's why I love you.

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home